Huntington National Bank is a reputed bank holding company, a subsidiary of Huntington Bancshares Incorporated. It is ranked as the 39th largest bank in the United States and 524th on the Fortune 500 list.
The bank is known for operating more than 900 branches throughout the country. So, opening and managing your account in Huntington bank is relatively easy.
If you have recently received a Huntington Debit card, you can use it for online and offline purchases and payments. However, before using your Huntington card for carrying out desired transactions, you must activate it at huntington.com/activate.
Complete Guide to Activate Huntington Debit Card
There are a few different ways to activate your Huntington Card – online at huntington.com/activate, over the phone, at ATM, or via a mobile app. You will get information on all the methods below.
Activate Huntington Card Online at huntington.com/activate
Follow the steps below to activate your Huntington Card online. However, before following these steps, ensure you have your account login credentials handy.
- Visit huntington.com/activate and sign in to your account using your username & password.
- Then, access the Customer Service tab from the top section.
- Select the Card Services option and click Activate My Debit Card.
- Now, enter the 3-digit security code located on the back of the card and click the Activate button.
- Your Huntington debit card is now active.
NOTE: If you have forgotten your username or password or have not registered for an online account, you can choose from the given options on the screen – Forgot username? | Forgot Password? | New to Online Banking?
The steps mentioned above will help you activate your Huntington debit card online; however, if you cannot use this method (due to an internet error), you can consider activating it using the mobile app.
Huntington Debit Card Activation using Mobile App
Follow these steps to activate your new Huntington debit card using the mobile application.
- Install the Huntington Mobile app on your mobile phone.
- Launch the Huntington Mobile app and sign in to your account.
- Once logged in, select the More option and click Manage Cards.
- Next, choose your card and enter the three-digit security code provided on the back of your card.
- After entering the code, click the Activate button.
- Your Huntington card will be activated instantly.
How to Activate your debit card Over the Phone?
The fastest method to get your Huntington Card activated is calling (800) 480 2265, 06:00 AM to Midnight ET (Daily). Simply call this phone number and follow the on-call prompts to complete the activation process.
Activate your Huntington Card at ATM or Branch
Another method you can consider to activate your Huntington debit card is visiting a nearby Huntington ATM. Simply swipe or insert your card into the machine and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the activation process.
Alternatively, you can also visit the nearest Huntington bank branch to get your card activated.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to activate my Huntington card?
Visit huntington.com/activate and log into your account. Next, select Customer Service > Card Services > Activate My Debit Card. Now, enter the three-digit security code on the back of your debit card and click Activate.
How much time does it take to activate the card?
The activation of a new credit card will take approximately 45 to 60 minutes.
How can I set my Huntington card PIN?
To set the PIN of your Visa Debit Card, call the toll-free number 1-800-992-3808.
How to report a lost or stolen debit card?
– Contact the nearest branch to get your card blocked.
– To replace your lost debit card, call 800 480 2265 anytime between 07:00 AM to 07:00 PM.
Can I cancel the Huntington credit card before activating it?
Yes. You can cancel your Huntington credit card before activation. However, the closed account will still appear on your credit report.
Will closing the credit card account affect my credit score?
Yes. Closing the credit card account will decrease your credit score temporarily. However, paying off credit cards is great for your credit score.